Breakfast is easily the most important meal of the day. Lean, healthy people around the world have few things in common but one of them is healthy nutrition. And healthy nutrition starts with breakfast. If you don't regularly eat breakfast then you should.
Here are 3 reasons why you should be pro-breakfast:
1. Keeps your energy levels up - Studies show that eating breakfast regulates your energy levels throughout the day better than not eating breakfast.
2. Helps you lose fat - Food regulates your metabolism which directly affects your fat levels. When you fast for too long (remember, breakfast comes after an 8 hour fast) then your metabolism can be reduced. This metabolism reduction means you're burning less fat and storing more of it.
3. Keeps hunger pangs away - Hunger pangs don't necessarily mean that you don't have energy or are gaining fat but they don't feel good either. Keep these at bay with a healthy breakfast.
4. Bonus tips!: Keeps you healthy - Every meal is an opportunity to put valuable vitamins and minerals in your body. Breakfast is no different.
There you have it. To see if breakfast really has an effect on you then you could journal days where you go with and without breakfast to see how you feel. Let us know what you think in the Comments section!
Sometimes when you're on the road you literally have no time to workout. However, "no time" usually means you have about 15 minutes. In these cases it's still possible to get in a good workout, you just need to stick to the basics and follow a good strategy.
- The workout will last <10 minutes. The other time is used for warm-up and stretching.
- Include a leg movement, a "push" and a "pull".
- Use very short rest intervals, ie. <30 seconds.
- Body squats x 20 seconds
- Push-ups x 20 seconds
- Supermans x 20 seconds
- Toe touches x 20 seconds
This workout is based on the Tabata method.
Is this workout helpful for you? Is there a modified workout you would like to see such as something with weights? Please post comments and thanks!
How do you determine what to do next?
It’s 9am on a Monday, you’re staring at a still-full Inbox from last week and you just day dreamed about that awesome [insert awesome goal here]. How do you figure out the activities to work on this hour, day or week that’ll get you the closest to achieving your goal? Here’s how: ask yourself “What are my biggest opportunities, risks and areas where I can increase efficiency?”
Asking yourself these questions will help you separate the important activities from the time-wasters. Top performers I’ve met in multiple industries routinely ask themselves and their teams a similar set of questions.
I’m often asked how I can fit in workouts during a busy week of travel.
While at CES this year, one of my colleagues was venting about he can never consistently find the time to workout on the road. My response, not entirely requested by him, was an abbreviated version of the below post .
This is my step-by-step process to fit in multiple workouts while on the road. I’ve used this method to get 4 to 6 workouts into a week while attending tradeshows, traveling to multiple cities a week and during just plain ol’ busy times of the year (I’m looking at you Christmas).
One of the benefits of a long day on the road is that you really do earn yourself a good drink.
Beer is always a good standby, but if you have access to a well stocked bar and knowledgeable bartender then you should give some classic cocktails a shot. A perfectly mixed cocktail, with the right balance of sweet and sour flavors, is a luxury well deserved after a day in front of customer. It's also a great conversation starter because people will ask "What's in it?" (So you should probably know.)
Here's the short list of my favorite classic cocktails I turn to after a long day.
Ever notice the business guys you know who just exude confidence?
How about the way James Bond carried himself in a bar crowded with mastermind criminals? Or the way models strut down the catwalk? Dirty martinis and designer clothes aside, excellent upper body posture helps create the aura that draws people to them.
In addition to displaying confidence, great posture makes you look bigger and improves your physical performance. So if you've ever actually noticed that your shoulder are a little rounded or like you could have more presence in a room then read on. This post describes how to assess and correct bad upper body posture and how to maintain good posture